Check out this weekend's top matches including potential title wins in Munich and Manchester (not by a Manchester club though), a bunch of interesting domestic matchups, and some battles for Champions League and relegation places.
Saturday April 30
- 930 - Bundesliga - Bayern Munich v Borussia Mönchengladbach - Fox Sports 2/2Go
- Watch Bayern win another title. Yay! So exciting.
- 1230 - EPL - Arsenal v Norwich - NBC
- All three relegation threatened teams are in action on Saturday but the Canaries are the only ones playing another team who care about the result (that's debatable). The Gunners have drawn three out of their last four while Norwich have lost two in a row. It all depends on which team shows up.
- 1230 - Bundesliga - Bayer Leverkusen v Hertha Berlin - Fox Sports 1/Deportes/2Go
- Hertha have gotten one point in their last four matches and if it weren't for the poor form of the three teams right below them, they'd be out of the UCL places. Leverkusen have won six in a row. Worth watching this exciting (Chicharito!) Leverkusen side.
- 1600 - MLS - Montreal Impact v Colorado Rapids - MLS Live
- Colorado are second overall in MLS. How? Montreal have carried over their form from last season and top the east (they've played the most games too). Should be an interesting matchup.
Sunday May 1
- 905 - EPL - Manchester United v Leicester City - NBCSN
- The Foxes could win the title in Manchester this weekend. If they fail to get a win tomorrow, then anything other than a Spurs win on Monday will see them win it. For the sake of posterity, you must watch this match.
- 1530 - MLS - Portland Timbers v Toronto FC - ESPN
- I don't know. Early season MLS is always all screwed up. This one should be good right?
- 1600 - USL - NY Red Bulls II v Charlotte Independence - Youtube
- The teams sit at second and third, right below LouCity in first, in the East. NYII are yet to lose this season and top USL's power rankings. Charlotte have won their last two match 3-2. Should be a shootout.
- 1800 - NASL - NY Cosmos v Carolina Railhawks - NASL Live
- How is this not on beIN or ESPN3? These are the two best teams in NASL (sorry Minnesota). The Railhawks are perfect and Cosmos would have had a win and a draw in their last two matches if there wasn't any stoppage time. Instead they got two losses. Should be exciting with Cosmos last minute woes and Ralkhawks over 2 goals average per game.
Let me know what you think!