International break for MLS means it's Copa America time! Because of the slowdown in action over the summer, we're switching to a weekly format. Copa, pre-tournament international friendlies, and USL are in here. Read it!
Friday June 3
- 2130 - Copa America - USMNT v Colombia - Fox Sports 1 - COPA AMERICA CENTENARIO IS HERE! Read about the tournament and why you should care. This is the toughest game of the group for US, you'd prefer to have this one last after Colombia has already qualified but it will be a good match. Personal strory - I'm only going to be able to watch half of this game because I'm going to Rhinehaus, which have so many people inside it will be in firecode violation, and I will leave so that I can breathe.
Saturday June 4
- 1200 - International Friendly - Germany v Hungary - ESPN Deportes - After losing 3-1 to Slovakia earlier in the week and 4 out of their last 6, Germany will be looking to stomp someone. Hungary have made it to the tournament from sheer defensive will that Germany will have to break down.
- 1500 - International Friendly - France v Scotland - ESPN 2 - France haven't played a real, competitive match since 2014 and have a makeshift/old backline that is leaking goals. They should do well in this tournament based on their stellar midfield and attack but come on, play some defense.
- 2200 - Copa America - Brazil v Ecuador - Fox Sports 1 - The opening game of the tournament for Brazil and against the toughest player in the group, we should see how this Brazil team will play. Ecuador has a very quick team so this one should be back and forth.
Sunday June 5
- 2000 - Copa America - Mexico v Uruguay - Fox Sports 1 - Suarez may or may not be back for this game, which could decide if El Tri will keep their 8 game winning run going.
- 2130 - USL - Orlando City B v Louisville City - Youtube - Go purple teams! Forgotten stepchild LouCity has to spend the night at his dad's house to play his younger stepbrother. They will probably win but still will cry into their pillow.
Monday June 6
- 2200 - Copa America - Argentina v Chile - Fox Sports 1 - Holders v Favorites. They just played a World Cup Qualifier in Santiago in March which Argentina won 2-1. This one will probably have a similar result.
Tuesday June 7
- 2000 - Copa America - USMNT v Costa Rica - Fox Sports 1 - Assuming a loss in game one (let's be real here), this game will be win or go home.
Let me know what you think!