Check out this week's top matches including EPL drama, MLS and USL action, and a potential title decider in La Liga.
Saturday May 7
- 745 - EPL - Norwich City v Manchester United - NBCSN - Norwich are winless in three and now are hosting a United side that has City's fourth place berth in their sights. Uh oh.
- 930 - Bundesliga - Borussia Mönchengladbach v Bayer Leverkusen - Fox Soccer Plus/Deportes/2Go - Leverkusen have won seven in a row while Gladbach have been inconsistent since the turn of the year. While Leverkusen have already locked up third place, Gladbach are only holding onto the last UCL place by goal differential with Hertha. Schalke are only one point below both of them.
- 1930 - MLS - Toronto FC v FC Dallas - MLS Live - Is there a more bizzare MLS side than FC Dallas? Arguably the best team last year, they are still pretty good this year, except when they lose. Their only three loss were by a combined 12-0. Gio is still awesome for TFC with 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 but everyone else... not so much.
- 2100 - MLS - Colorado Rapids v Real Salt Lake - MLS Live - I don't want to live with an MLS where Rapids is the best team in the league. What is happening?
- 2230 - USL - LA Galaxy II v Sacramento Republic - Youtube - The two west coast powerhouses of USL... well Los Dos is good. Republic has only taken 7 points from 6 matches. They just don't score goals, being blanked in the last 4 matches.
Sunday May 8
- 830 - EPL - Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - NBCSN - This match will be very interesting. Tottenham completely lost it last week at Stamford Bridge and we'll have to see if they've gained their composure. They will be with Alli and Dembélé, who are suspended, against a Saints side that thrashed City 4-2 last week.
- 1100 - EPL - Manchester City v Arsenal - NBCSN - Six months ago everyone thought that this match might be the title decider. They were wrong. Now it's between two teams that are struggling, City with being dumped out of Europe with an insipid display against Real and Arsenal with coming to grips with Spurs being better than them.
- 1100 - La Liga - Barcelona v Espanyol - beIN SPORTS en Español - This is the Derby. While Espanyol hasn't beaten Barcelona in a competitive match since 2009 (and that had a first half red card for Barca), all Barcelona need to do to lose the title is to drop points to Atletico. This one will be very tense, the reverse fixture was a nil-nil draw, but honestly Barca should smash them.
Let me know what you think!