Check out this week's top matches including the final round of European football before the Euros and Copa America Centenario, a Kei-less Crew takes on the top in the MLS, and other domestic action.
Saturday May 14
- 930 - Bundesliga - Werder Bremen v Eintracht Frankfurt - Fox Sports 2/2GO - One of these two teams will end up in the relegation playoff spot in the Bundesliga on the final day (the highest relegation spot plays the third placed team in the lower league for a spot in next year's Bundeliga). Frankfurt had to win their last three to get the advantage over Bremen, a win or a draw and they are safe.
- 1100 - La Liga - Granada v Barcelona - beIN Sports - Barcelona win and the title is theirs. If they don't it will almost surely go to Madrid. Through head to head record, Granada are safe so this one should be a walkover.
- 1700 - MLS - Montreal Impact v Philadelphia Union - MLS Live - The two best teams in the East are Montreal and Philadelphia. SMH
- 1600 - USL - FC Cincinnati v Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Youtube - Everybody has seen the video of the Hounds' Parkes kicking Red Bulls II's Ouimette. The part that is missing is that he is one of the only bright spots in their season, scoring 5 goals in 6 appearances even as they've stayed winless. Cincy is looking to get 25 thousand in the stands for this game and are well on pace to demolish the USL record they set earlier this year. Jeff Berding was quoted last night saying they'd already crossed 17.5k. Wear Orange.
- 1930 - MLS - Columbus Crew v Colorado Rapids - MLS Live - Be you part of the Sunshine Brigade or the 3G bashing, pitchfork-wielding, lawless Cap America supporting rabble, everyone in Crewville has taken sides over Kei v Pipa: Civil War. Now that he's gone, well have to see how if the Crew can spring back into the form that got them to the cup final. Who are they playing? Oh, just the best team in MLS right now. Uh oh.
- 1930 - USL - Louisville City v Saint Louis FC - Youtube - Before the #DirtyRiverDerby Louisvillians loved to hate another team, Saint Louis FC, with whom they shared the Kings' Cup. While being in different conferences and having a new foe have diminished its prestige, these two teams don't like each other. This one is worth watching.
Sunday May 15
- 1000 - EPL - Swansea City v Manchester City - NBC - As everyone knows, the final matches for the EPL all kickoff at the same time on Sunday. I picked this one because the City could finish 3rd or 5th depending on how other result go and knowing City's form (2 losses and 2 draws in their last four matches) and Swansea's too (beat Liverpool & West Ham by a combined 7-2) anything could happen.
- 1700 - USL - Vancouver Whitecaps 2 v LA Galaxy II - Youtube - The two best teams in the USL West square off (although Galaxy are only on top because they've played three more games but I digress). Los Dos need to pick themselves up after a 2-0 loss to Sac Republic while Vancouver is the only team in the league not to lose yet.
Let me know what you think!